Special pages are pages that are made by the software on demand. They are found in their own namespace Special: and are not editable directly as other pages. It is not possible to make a redirect to a special page, or to create normal pages beginning with the "Special:" prefix.
Special pages often take arguments. Sometimes these can be supplied after a slash (as in Special:Log/block); in other cases an index.php call is used, as in http://rbose.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&days=3&limit=100. Also the content of some special pages depends on preferences that have been set by the user, e.g. classic or enhanced Recent Changes, the number of titles in Recent Changes and the watchlist, etc.
Available special pages
Clicking the link Special:Specialpages will take you to a list of all special pages (except the restricted ones) on our wiki. Such a link is found on the bottom panel.
List of pages
Login / sign up
Recent changes and logs
- Gallery of new files: gallery of new uploaded files.
- Logs: combined display of various logs. The type of log, user and page affected can be specified. Parameters "block", "delete", "protect" and "upload" are available. e.g. Special:Log/block displays the block log directly. For more information, see Help:Log.
- My watchlist: shows recent changes to the pages you are watching. See Help:Watchlist.
- New pages: newest pages with creation date and time, current size, user who created the page, and first edit summary, in reverse order of creation. See Wikipedia:New pages patrol.
- Recent changes: lists the latest edits in the project. Changes to watched pages appear bold.
- Related changes: enables listing of the most recent changes in pages linked from a selected page, or belonging to a selected category. Changes to watched pages appear bold. The page can be supplied as a parameter, e.g. Special:RecentChangesLinked/Open source projects.
- Valid change tags: lists the tags with which edits may be marked. See Wikipedia:Tags.
Media reports and uploads
Wiki data and tools
Redirecting special pages
High use pages
- Cite: generates bibliographic citations, in several formats, for citing a Wiki article as a reference.
- Export pages: produces an XML file containing the wikitext and metadata of either the current version only, or all revisions, of one or more pages, specified in the form of a list; the XML file is in the format required for Special:Import; exporting is typically done either in preparation of applying the latter at another MediaWiki project, or for searching within old page revisions. See Help:Export.
- What links here: enables listing all pages linking to a given page (including transclusions and redirects). The target can be specified as a parameter, e.g. Special:WhatLinksHere/Mumble. See Help:What links here.
Other special pages
Other special pages 2
Restricted special pages
The following pages can be accessed only by users with certain privileges.